"Deep Throat" (1972)
Deep Throat (1972) was one of the first hard core films to be mass marketed and widely distributed. It was written and directed by Gerard Damiano, and starred Linda Lovelace as a woman who couldn't have an orgasm until Dr. Harry Reemes discovered that her clit was in her throat. The good doctor
wears himself out servicing his nurse, Carol Connors and Lovelace. Linda's roommate, Dolly Sharp, organizes a parade of men to try to satisfy Linda, but can't resist trying a few herself. The film is really more of a comedy than anything else.
Deep Throat doesn't hold up very well, although it has many of the "features" of a modern hard core, including a shaved beaver (Lovelace), the money shot, and loud music during the sex scenes. IMDB readers say 4.7/10. I have a great reverence for these early porn efforts for several reasons.
First, by putting hard core in the limelight, they extended what would be acceptable in mainstream films. These pioneers risked jail, but managed to roll back the censorship laws. Second, they at least tried for a plot. Unfortunately, we still don't have good erotica in mainstream films. It is
not the MPAA, although they play a part, but rather economics. NC-17 means no theatrical release, and hence no distribution deals, as the youth market drives what is released to theaters. There was a time in the late 70's and early 80's when it looked like they might create a hard core that would
hold up as a film as well, but video tape and rental stores killed the quality adult industry. I don't know that we ever see explicit sex in mainstream (high production value, strong plot and good acting) films, but if someone films one, and finds a way to distribute it at a profit, going to jail on pornography charges is no longer much of a risk. I give the film a C-, based partially on its historical importance.
"The Stepford Wives" (1975)
The Stepford Wives (1975) is an understated thriller about the Eberhart family, Katherine Ross, Peter Masterson, and the two children, Mary Stuart Masterson and Ronny Sullivan who leave New York and settle in the town of Stepford. From the beginning, it is obviously the husband's idea, as Ross
misses the excitement of New York. Her dissatisfaction grows when she discovers that all of the women in town are Suzy Homemaker, with no other concerns, interests or activities, except two newcomers. All three of the women are uneasy about the "men's club," to which all of the men belong.
Ross goes from concerned to panicked when first one, then the other of her friends transforms into typical Stepford Wives.
The plot is subtle, but does justify the somewhat surprise ending. Ross has several good pokies throughout the film, and then has clear see-throughs near the end. Unfortunately, the see throughs are prosthetic breasts (if you see the film you will understand why). The film didn't do well when
released, but has gained a large cult following. Women's libbers attacked it as demeaning to women, but finally figured out that the film was putting down the men, not the women, and embraced it. IMDB readers say 6.7/10. Maltin liked it at three stars, and I agree. I had never seen it before the
new region 1 DVD release, and enjoyed it a lot. It was a refreshing change from the Euro-shock I have been screening lately. B-.
The Honte's page is updated today!
Click here for the Honte's Swedish and International Celebs
Today's clips are from the Italian movie "La moglie vergine" ("The Virgin Wife") (1975). I've never seen it, but I think I'll trust the IMDb user who called it a "Very unfunny Italian sex comedy", and pass on this one. Edwige Fenech & Carol Baker both give up the goods. Breasts for both, plus Fenech has a rear only scene (link #4) and frontal 'cap with 2 B's (link #5).
Brigitte Bako, excellent breast exposure from "Strange Days" (1995). The downside...it's a rape scene, it's dark, the nudity is all too brief, and they showed more of Juliette Lewis nekkid in this movie.
Juliette Lewis showing her A- cup boobs in "Strange Days".
Be sure to pay Graphic Response a visit at his website. www.graphic-barry.com.
"The General's Daughter" (1999)
Despite this being a John Travolta movie, I actually enjoyed it. The sophomore feature film for director Simon West is put together very well. Beautiful cinematography, excellent execution, and well acted. The ending falls apart as they throw a few too many red herrings at ya, but by the time I got there, I didn't really care since I had enjoyed the ride.
As a whodunit, it's not bad, although the script is a little bogged down by the cliched sexual tension between Revolta and Madeleine Stowe (who have about as much on-screen chemistry as two pieces of lead). The DVD features 3 deleted scenes and an alternate ending all wasting time on their relationship. To Mr. West I say "Well done for cutting those". The stupid, hillbilly sheriff served no purpose either, and the beginning sequence with Revolta doing his best "Die Hard on a house boat" routine could have been skipped entirely as well.
So what is good about this film? Well, James Woods was wonderfully creepy, and I would have love to have seen more of that character. And then of course there is the gorgeous Leslie Stefanson and her nude scenes...more specifically, her rape scenes.
In these 'caps Leslie shows breast and bush during and after her character's rape. If that kind of thing is not your bag, or if you're worried that the boss might catch you with pics of a girl tied up with a knife to her neck, you might want to skip these. Or at the very least, just tell the boss these pics are from "Big Brother 2".
| and ...
||A dark, and back lit scene, but DeVo did a good job catching these topless frames from "I Shot Andy Warhol".
||Topless in scenes from "Urban Legend 2"
|A nice collection of DVD 'caps with Anna topless in scenes from "Drunks" (1995).
First up...here's one from Number 6
Here is a picture of the Tokyo Water Park, where their slogan reads...
"Welcome to breathtaking Tokyo Water Park where you can wash away the pressure and stress of the overcrowded city and relax with your friends in the soothing enjoyment of sun, fun and splashing."
* So many stupid people . . . so few comets.
* Horn broken. Watch for finger.
* Your kid may be an honors student, but you're still an idiot.
* All generalizations are false.
* Cover me. I'm changing lanes.
* I brake for no apparent reason.
* I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
* We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?
* He who laughs last thinks slowest.
* Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
* It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
* Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
* Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.
* Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
* Born free . . . Taxed to death.
* The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
* Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.
* I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.
* Sometimes I wake up grumpy; other times I let him sleep.
* All men are idiots, and I married their King.
* Jack Kevorkian for White House Physician.
* Work is for people who don't know how to fish.
* I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
* Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.
* If you don't like the news, go out and make some.
* Sorry, I don't date outside my species.
* No radio--Already stolen.
* I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
* Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
* OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?
* Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.
* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
* Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW.
* IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got.
* Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.
* It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.
* A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
* How can I miss you if you won't go away?
* Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
* Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
* We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.
* Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
* Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
* Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.
* Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
* Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
* i souport publik edekashun.
* Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.
* There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
* Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?
* Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
* Keep honking . . . I'm reloading.
* Caution: I drive like you do.