The Comedy Wire
Comments in yellow...
According to a study by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
nearly half of all deaths among working-age Russian men may be attributable to
drinking alcohol not meant for consumption, such as liniments and cologne.
* In Russia, there's something about an Aqua Velva man:
Scotland has a growing female prison population, and a surprising study by
Glasgow Caledonian University found out why: women see jail as a "refuge" from
problems such as debts and abusive partners, and they're going there on purpose
to escape their lives outside.
* This is called "thinking inside the box."
After taking a drubbing from the press, Angelina Jolie blamed her reps for
giving the media a document limiting the questions they could ask her, saying
she didn't know about it.
* Well, then thank God the media reported it so she
could find out!.
* Then after saying that, she refused to take
On this day in 1815, Napoleon was defeated at Waterloo...and on the same day in
1989, John and Lorena Bobbitt got married.
* And shortly thereafter, John Bobbitt met his
* Another coincidence: both Napoleon and John Bobbitt
ended up having their penises preserved in a jar.