The Dunwich Horror
This is a remake of a 1970 movie based on a H.P. Lovecraft story, possibly
his most famous tale. The first film version of the story was merely cheesy in
a typical 1970 way. (Sandra Dee, anyone?) This one is an awful movie in just
about every way.
- Many performances are weak.
- The visual quality is worse than a home camcorder. You'll see just how bad
it was if you download the nude scene. The whole movie looks like that.
- The special effects and costumes would have been laughable in the
- The Evil One looks like a Terry Gilliam cartoon
- And the locale has been switched from New England to Louisiana.
So they really made a loving effort to bring Lovecraft to the screen.
The only things interesting about it are:
1) Horror genre legend Jeffrey Combs plays Wilbur Whately, and is barely
2) Dean Stockwell, who played Whately in the 1970 version, is back in the
re-make as Dr. Armitage. Stockwell has now been in the film acting business
for 64 years. His first film appearances were during World War Two! In 1945 he
had a small part in Anchors Aweigh with Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. Now
Anyway, here's the brief
nudity from some unidentified topless vixens.