The great American Football Movie Poll continues. Vote for your favorite football film
"Heaven & Earth" (1993)
Heaven & Earth (1993) is the third in Oliver Stone's Trilogy about the Vietnam War. In the first, Platoon, we say the war through the eyes of gung ho GI's in the jungle. Born on the Fourth of July examines the aftermath of the war for disabled vets. In this third, and least known, we trace the
entire war from French occupation through the eyes of a young woman from a small farming village. She is convinced, partly by Vietcong recruiters, and partly by the fact that her favorite brother has joined the VC, to help the VC. This is not an especially safe course of action when your village is near Danang. She is arrested and tortured until her mother bribes an official with her dowry money and gets her released. The fact that she got out of a South Vietnamese prison convinces the villagers that she co-operated to secure her release. Two VC soldiers rape her to get even.
She and her mother move to Saigon and work as domestics, until the man of the house seduces her and gets her pregnant. She ends up in Danang with an infant son and no money. She is forced to scrounge, and occasionally prostitute herself to survive. Her luck seems changed when she meets then marries a Marine Sergeant, and returns with him to San Diego. Again, karma rains all around her as she copes with an ex wife, kids and steep alimony, in-laws from hell, and a drunken guilt ridden husband. In short, life was not especially rosy for Vietnamese women. Based on a true story, Stone is
again showing the terrible price people pay for the violence of war. We have some of his usual flash, with quick cuts and photographic gimicks, but we also have a visually stunning view of Vietnam.
Of the noted critics, Maltin is lowest on this one at two 1/2 stars. Berardinelli is second at 3 stars, and Ebert says 3 1/2. To me, the film is a little long, and loses some of its charm during US scenes, but is still very much worth watching. It is a fresh perspective on Vietnam, and a very
sensitive one. US gross was $5.864m. IMDB readers give it a luke-warm 6.1/10. The exposure comes twice from Hiep Thi Le in her film debut, first while being raped, and then giving birth. There is also an unknown stripper.
Hiep Thi Le
|Johnny Web (Uncle Scoopy)
I looked at Peter Bogdanovich's Saint Jack. This wasn't really a great movie, but it is an interesting one because of some very strong positives.
Ben Gazzara played probably the strongest role of his career, as a Bogart-like American expatriate whose tough and somewhat sleazy exterior masks the soul of a compassionate and ethical man. The Singapore atmosphere was vivid. Bogdanovich does a full-length commentary. Best of all, since Ben was a Singapore pimp, there were some naked chicks named Ang. (There were also some clothed chicks named Ang.)
Magazine review. The new Celebrity Skin
- "The Stinkers" - famous reverse Oscar site,
is now ready with its nominations for 2000, and some bad movie previews for 2001. You may also
choose from among 100 stinkers for the "worst film ever made"
Went through the following new releases, No nudity
- I looked at Urbania. The good news - a good movie, rated 8.4 at IMDb (high enough for the top 25 of all time!). The bad news - not much there for heterosexuals. It has quite a few sex scenes, and a masturbation scene, but only between men and other men. So you probably want to skip it if you're reading this page. No naked women.
- I looked at Beautiful Joe. The good news - an A-list cast for a romantic comedy. Ian Holm, Billy Connolly and Sharon Stone. The bad news - they must have all been tricked or blackmailed into appearing in this sappy piece of improbable shite. The review might be worth reading for a laugh. The movie is just dreadful. Stone got naked behind one of those room divider things, maybe, but nothing was visible. Maybe when it comes out on DVD, but I'm not hopeful.
- I looked at Antitrust. The good news - um, there is no good news.
Heavy-handed formula thriller starring that noted classical actor, Sir Philippe. In fact, it's not
as awful as some critics claimed it was, and I have to admit that Sir Philippe has really
improved, but it's not good either. No nudity. (Had Rachael Leigh Cook and Claire Forlani in the
film, but not really a decent peek.) By the way, the Scoopy Order of Knighthood and Even Higher
Crap now includes Lord Rodman, Lord Kier, Lord Seagal, Sir Van Dien, Lord Van Damme, Sir Swayze,
Lady Nicole Smith, and Dame Berkley. The best movies are the one that feature them together.
Rodman has starred with both Van Damme and Van Dien. In his only three movies not playing himself, Rodman has made two masterpieces: "Simon Sez" (rated a sparkling 2.7 at IMDb!) , and "Double Team", in which he and Van Damme won the razzie award for worst screen couple of all time. His other picture isn't that bad, but gave us the Van Dien pairing in a grade-b Tom Berenger action picture about skydiving, called "Cutaway". Rodman and Casper had no scenes together, darn the luck.
And now I remember why it was I moved from Orange County California. Thank the Lawd I am back home with a lot of crazy stuff for you.
To make amends for all those days in the sunshine I worked on the scans of Katie Holmes.
Great idea of clipping out a few frames from the movie print and using a slide scanner to digitize them; looked great. Might look a bit better even, now that they've been cleaned up a bit.
Haven't done a fashion model in weeks (and by that I mean scanned; I have never had the pleasure of doing a fashion model). Here's a cutie named Magali Amadei
as seen in the latest Elle from Spain.
This is the last of the Natasha Allas scans, I think; you may recall she was Miss World USA for 1999.
Patricia Arquette seems to have fallen off the scanning/capping A list, but I think she looks just fine.
Here is something really rare, perhaps unique: a Polish without a Z anywhere in her name. Agata Miklis. No V or Q either.
Page 3 babe de jour: Ali Clements, of the recent fit, cute but not bovine school of page three-types.
Last four were pulled off the web by a couple of righteous dudes who did sign their work. First off are three collages of Ann-Margret's nekkid routine in Carnal Knowledge; the individual caps were posted on usenet a while back. Some editing and some stapling together brings you A-M in all her glory when she was about 30 yrs old. Saw this movie when I was in college and thought she was no hot shakes. Now I think she was spectacular. Funny thing about age and perspective.
And the very last thing a collage of caps showing some woman named Britney Spears. I think she's a singer or something. These appear to have been capped from the American Music Awards and they show this Britney woman with pokies a-pokin'. Don't know why anyone would care.
This week, some older German stuff...
||Going all the way back to 1971 for some topless, frontal and rear views from "Das Provisorische Leben"
||Very nice breast exposure from 1976's "Das Brot des Bäckers".
||Excellent cleavage in 1968's "Ich betone - oben ohne"
||Brief nipple sighting from 1971's "Falscher Verdacht"
| and ...
||Great stuff by NMD...here is Patsy showing off the new boobs.
||Another look at the great scans that just recently hit the web, this time as one collage.
||An always welcome round of 'caps from "Eyes Wide Shut", by Wolfe.
||A great B&W scan of an all nude Helena from the early 90's. Of course nothing below the equator is visible, but she doesn't hide anything upstairs!
|4 nice non-nudes from the December Maxim, by Meg@bit.
||Topless on the cover of the January issue of the German GQ. As always, a wonderful job by Blackhine.
||From the recent Stuff magazine shoot. You know, the issue when Tori become a Latina model. I hate to admit it, but she did look pretty good. What an a amazing difference a whole bunch of plastic surgery, a tanning booth, and new haircut can make!
|Good topless exposure, and exceptionally nice rear view of the Italian actress from "Il Sofà" by HBS.
|The Funnies by Number 6
The top 40 things you will NEVER hear a Southerner say, no matter how much they've had to drink, no matter how far from the South they've wandered and no matter how much the skunks are threatening.
40. Oh I just couldn't, man, she's only 16.
39. I'll take Shakespeare for $1000, Alex.
38. Duct tape won't fix that.
37. Honey, I think we should sell the pickup and get a family sedan.
36. Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.
35. We don't keep firearms in this house.
34. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer?
33. You can't feed that to the dog.
32. NO kids, not in the back of the pickup. It's just not safe.
31. Wrestling's fake.
30. Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace?
29. We're vegetarians.
28. Do you think my gut is too big?
27. I'll just have the grapefruit and grapes instead of the biscuits and gravy.
26. Honey, we don't need another dog.
25. Who gives a crap who won the Civil War?
24. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.
23. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
22. Spittin' is such a nasty habit.
21. I just couldn't find a thing at Wal-Mart today.
20. Trim the fat off that steak.
19. Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.
18. The tires on that truck are too big.
17. I thought Graceland was tacky.
16. No thanks, I don't need another coon dog.
15. Unsweetened tea tastes better.
14. Would you like your fish poached or broiled?
13. Just look at her...those are way too big!
12. My fiancée, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.
11. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.
10. Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.
8. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.
7. Does the salad bar have bean sprouts?
6. Hey, here's an episode of Hee Haw we haven't seen!
5. I don't have a favorite college team.
4. Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.
3. You all.
2. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Darla.
1. Nope, no more for me. I'm drivin' tonight!
With the high rate of attacks on women in secluded parking lots,especially during evening hours, a city council in Australia has established a "Women Only" parking lot near downtown. Even the parking lot attendants are exclusively female, so that a comfortable and safe environment is created for patrons. Attached is a picture of this amazing new concept parking lot for ...."Women Only"